Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Staying focused over Thanksgiving break


I have looked forward to Thanksgiving break since the start of this semester, so I can't imagine how hard it will be to actually stay focused and study for upcoming exams the following week I return to school. Luckily, this blog has allowed me to think of ways to stay focused over the break and enjoy it at the same time. I have come up with a list including three ideas that will enable me to do this.

1.) Review my syllabus before break:

When I know what is expected of me, I can usually use it as my motivation to stay on top of things or at least have an awareness of what is coming up. Allowing myself to review my syllabus and get a realistic time-frame of what is assigned for the near ending of the semester will hopefully give me a reality flash that I can't just waste all my time this upcoming break.

2.) Use free days wisely & make my own "class time":

Even though I love enjoying a veg day just lying on my couch with my family or friends catching up on TV shows I've gotten behind on, I will try to push myself to use these days to get some extra studying in. I might as well use this time to better prepare myself than wasting it, and I can still take breaks in between to enjoy my time off. Also, it helps to think of my break more so as an opportunity to study at times where I would usually have class. I'm already in the routine of things at school, so I'm hoping this technique will allow me to get a lot of necessary studying/completing assignments done.

3.) Sunday preparation:

When returning back to campus on the weekend, I am planning to do a last review of syllabus and double-check for anything I may have forgotten about over the break. Having this day to complete any last-minute assignments will help me have a less-stressed week at school and pull me out of my "lazy" mode. It will also give me a quick relief so I don't stress about the stacked assignments that will be coming up in the last 2 weeks of the semester.


With this said, I am very excited and thankful for this week off at school and the time I get to spend with my family! :)

Thanksgiving 2011
 

No comments:

Post a Comment