Sunday, December 9, 2012

First Semester Experience

Where to even start?
This semester was very challenging for me, but at the same time it was a great experience. Looking back now, it is hard to process how fast it went by and everything that I have learned over these 14 weeks or so. I was so scared and nervous walking into the nursing building that very first week of class; I didn't have any idea what to expect other than the rumors I've heard from later semester nursing students. It was all overwhelming, and in the beginning I had so many doubts.
I had numerous trials unfortunately; whether nursing was the right place for me. This semester really made me face obstacles I never thought I would encounter. It tested my maturity and just my general viewpoint on what type of person I am. It enabled me to look at myself and the world around me through a much different pair of eyes. At first, I thought this was a terrible thing; but now reflecting on the semester I can see that this needed to take place. I am thankful for this and am so happy I came to this conclusion.
I also had the awesome opportunity of meeting new people through nursing and gaining some new friendships that I know will continue to grow throughout the next 5 semesters of nursing. I love knowing I have a fellowship of people who are most likely going through the same thoughts and feelings I may be dealing with, especially the stress that ties in with nursing. All and all, this semester was a great one, and one that definitely contributed to the type of nurse I will be one day.
Just one more week left! :) All smiles from here on out!
My amazing roomies!

No comments:

Post a Comment